Effective January 1, 2019, the Province of Saskatchewan will enforce the National Energy Code for Buildings 2017 (NECB) and Section 9.36 of the National Building Code 2015.
Our team specializes in energy efficiency/sustainable consulting and whole building energy simulation modeling for Commercial and Residential Buildings. We uses Energy modeling softwares that can assess and demonstrate performance path compliance with the National Energy Code for Buildings (NECB). Below is a list of our offered services:
- Building Energy Modeling for NECB Compliance;
- Building Energy Modeling for Section 9.36 of the NBC Compliance;
- Prepare NECB Project Summary and Reports; Energy Efficiency Compliance Forms or other documentation required for Commercial and Residential Building Permit application submissions;
- Performs inspections/field reviews to ensure substantial compliance with
the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (NECB).
- Section 9.36 of the NBC 2015 applies to:
- Part 9 buildings of Group C occupancy;
- Part 9 buildings of Group C, D, E, or F3 occupancies where the combined floor area of non-residential occupancies does not exceed 300 m2 ;
- Note: Section 9.36 does NOT apply to all Part 9 buildings. Therefore Part 9 buildings that do not fall within the scope of Section 9.36 are required to adhere to the NECB;
- Section 9.36 will be applied to new buildings and additions. Consideration will continue to be made regarding the application to alterations and renovations.
- NECB 2017 applies to:
- Part 3 buildings;
- Part 9 buildings that are beyond the scope of Section 9.36;
- Any building to which Section 9.36 applies, but the owner/applicant chooses to conform to the NECB;
- The NECB specifically applies to new buildings and additions.